Marijuana has become legal in many states over the years, whether recreationally or medicinally, and while many are thrilled at the ability to use the drug, pet owners need to be aware.
According to the pet poison helpline, there has been an increase of calls related to marijuana poisoning. In the past five years, these calls have gone up by 200%.
The calls include calls from states where marijuana isn’t even legal.
Pet owners should be cautious with their marijuana and not allow their pets to have access to it.
Marijuana poisoning signs start about 30 minutes to 60 minutes after the pet eats it and symptoms include: stumbling, glassy eyes, going to the bathroom to even more severe symptoms like shaking, seizures, and possibly coma.