Officials in San Francisco are planning to create a new committee that will monitor the city’s marijuana industry.
The committee will also assess the city’s regulations and government oversight.
The San Francisco Examiner has said that the new Cannabis Oversight Committee will:
- Examine the work done by the city’s Office of Cannabis.
- Measure the impact of existing regulations on businesses and communities.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and the mayor on regulatory changes.
- Track the permitting process, including how long it takes for companies to receive a business license.
- Ensure the city’s cannabis social equity program creates living wage jobs and approves retail permits for people “hardest hit by the war on drugs.”